At Down to Earth Opals we understand the importance you attach to your personal information. As such, we shall ensure that we comply with our obligations under the Privacy Act 1988 (Commonwealth).
If you submit information to Down to Earth Opals by purchasing one of our products or by sending us an email, we collect that information and use it for the purposes of providing you with information or advice about our goods and/or services and for processing an order by you for our goods and/or services.
Specifically, we require your name, street address, email address and phone number and method of payment details in order to complete an order for our goods and/or services.
We shall only disclose your personal information to third parties where the disclosure is necessary and directly related to the purposes set out above – such as our financial institution to process your order. We shall not give our customer lists to third parties for promotions independent of Down to Earth Opals.
Under the Privacy Act 1988 (Commonwealth) you have a right to request access to your personal information held by us. You may do this by sending us an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by writing to us at
Down to Earth Opals
1005/11 Morilla St
Lightning Ridge NSW 2834
DOWN TO EARTH OPALS SECURITY POLICY
Down to Earth Opals uses the eWAY Payment Gateway for its online credit card transactions. eWAY processes online credit card transactions for thousands of Australian merchants, providing a safe and secure means of collecting payments via the Internet.
All online credit card transactions performed on this site using the eWAY gateway are secured payments.
- Payments are fully automated with an immediate response.
- Your complete credit card number cannot be viewed by Down to Earth Opals or any outside party.
- All transactions are performed under 128 Bit SSL Certificate.
- All transaction data is encrypted for storage within eWAY’s bank-grade data centre, further protecting your credit card data.
- eWAY is an authorised third party processor for all the major Australian banks.
- eWAY at no time touches your funds; all monies are directly transferred from your credit card to the merchant account held by Down to Earth Opals.
We reserve the right to disclose your personally identifiable information as required by law, and when we believe that disclosure is necessary to protect our rights and/or comply with a judicial proceeding, court order, or legal process served on our website.
ORDERING AND PAYMENTS
If you purchase a product or service from us, we may request certain personally identifiable information from you. You may be required to provide contact information (such as name, email, and postal address) and financial information (such as credit card number, expiration date).
We use this information for billing purposes and to fill your orders. If we have trouble processing and order, we will use this information to contact you.
All orders are prepaid.
When ordering, your credit card or PayPal account is charged when you place your order. We accept PayPal, Visa and MasterCard cards only.
Please note that we do not store your credit card number on our servers.
If the card payment is declined by your issuer for any reason, we cannot hold goods against your order – please therefore contact us urgently if you wish us to hold an order until your transaction is approved. We recommend that USA purchasers contact their credit card issuer prior to making a purchase to ensure a smooth transaction.
Are there other ways I can place my order?
The easiest and safest way is via the website, however if you would like to talk to a real live person you can:
ORDER BY PHONE
Feel free to call us +61 2 6829 2616 and we would be happy to assist you in placing your order.
ORDER BY MAIL
Please write to us at:
Down to Earth Opals
1005/11 Morilla Street
NSW 2834, Australia
Please be aware that your cheque or money order must cleared – which can take up to 7 working days – before we will ship any product.
DOWN TO EARTH OPALS GUARANTEE TO YOU
As we are confident that you will be happy with your precious and unique opal, all of our cut and polished opals and opal jewellery are sent with a 30 day money back guarantee. However, if for any reason you are not satisfied with the quality of any opal, or if you feel it does not match the opal description on this site, you may return it in exchange for another or for a refund of the purchase price (excluding postage and handling). We only require that the goods be returned in original condition and with all original packaging and invoice within 30 days of purchase. In addition, all our opals are guaranteed for 1 year from the date of purchase. Within that time frame we will gladly replace or refund any faulty opal, as long as we are satisfied that the opal has been subject only to normal wear or use. Postal charges on all returns are the responsibility of the customer.
REFUNDS & RETURNS POLICY
- We are not obliged to provide a replacement or refund if you simply change your mind.
- We will exchange an item if it is significantly different from the sample received or the description on our website.
- We will repair an item within a reasonable time where there is a manufacturing fault.
- In the event that within one year of purchase date of a Lightning Ridge solid cut, carved opal (loose or set), said opal cracks or crazes through a natural cause, we will (a) use our best endeavors to replace the opal with one or more opals to the same value or (b) refund the purchase price – the option of choosing (a) or (b) is at our sole discretion. In all instances the opal must be returned to us and we reserve the right to have the opal laboratory tested to validate that it has not cracked or crazed due to damage by the purchaser, whether intentional, unintentional, accidental or deliberate. [Australian opal is the most stable in the world and can withstand virtually all climatic conditions on earth however it cannot under any circumstances be stored in a vacuum sealed or zero humidity bank vault, nor subjected to intense direct heat such as being left on the dashboard of a vehicle].
- This returns policy does not apply to goods which have been damaged after delivery either intentionally, unintentionally, accidentally or deliberately; or if any attempt has been made to alter the product.
- All products being returned for replacement under clause (2) above must be returned in their original condition otherwise we will not be bound by that policy.
- All postage and insurance costs for returns are to be paid by the purchaser. We recommend that you return the product via registered post with full tracking and that you pre pay all postage.
- Please email us at email@example.com if you are not satisfied with your purchase so that we can resolve any problems.
- For all returns, you assume full risk of lost, stolen or damaged goods during transit; we therefore advise you take out shipment registration and insurance with your postal carrier. Down to Earth Opals will not be responsible for parcels lost or damaged in transit. Please keep your proof of purchase – eg. Your invoice/purchase receipt
ROUGH & RUBBED OPAL
We will refund the price of any rough and rubbed opal parcel purchased if the opal doesn’t meet your expectations, provided the parcel is returned to us within 30 days of its receipt by you, with its invoice and packaging, none of the opals has been processed in any way and the parcel is complete. However postal charges have to be paid by the purchaser
Our opal specimens are either completely in the rough; sometimes have natural shiny surfaces and may be hand polished but still left in their natural form. Most opal specimens display natural healed fractures, sand and clay stone inclusions, rough spots and undulating surfaces. All these factors are part of it’s natural beauty.
We will refund the purchase price of any opal specimen if the opal doesn’t meet your expectations, provided the piece is returned to us within 30 days of its receipt by you, with its invoice and packaging, the opal has not been processed in any way and the parcel is complete. However postal charges have to be paid by the purchaser.